Caribu is a shared screen video-call platform that helps parents and grandparents to read and draw with (grand)children when they're not in the same location. A trusted adult and child call each other through a Caribu video-call, choose a book, and read or draw together in real-time on a shared screen. There are hundreds of books, and educational workbooks and games, to choose from in seven different languages.
- Raised $1.3M from investors like AT&T and Rise of the Rest.
- CEO was a senior leader at TFA, White House, Gates Foundation, and Office of Mayor Bloomberg.
- 50K users in 160+ countries.
- 700+ books to choose from in 7 different languages.
- First-mover focused on grandparents who are a large and underserved market. $39B SAM in the US.
- Team backgrounds include Disney, Aidoc, Y Combinator, and Booksicals.
- CEO was 59th Latina to raise over $1M.
- 250,000 minutes spent on Caribu last year.