Nahmias Et Fils Distillery
We're introducing a new spirit category to the mix of popular liquors in the U.S. and around the world. Mahia, which literally translates to “water of life”— is a fig brandy made traditionally by the Moroccan-Jewish population. Our heirloom recipe has been used by a line of family Mahia distillers since 1900 in the village of Taznakht. Every drop is distilled from 100% carefully selected California figs and a touch of aniseed to be enjoyed by those curious enough to try it.
- 92% YOY revenue growth from 2015-'16. 30% YOY from 2016-'18.
- Only commercial producer of Mahia in the Western Hemisphere.
- Number of accounts overall across the U.S. grew by at least 63% in 1 year without a paid salesforce.
- Gross Margins of 71% (Mahia) and 87% (Legs Diamond Whiskey).
- Awards for Mahia: Silver Medal from New York International Spirits Competition and Bronze from International Wine & Spirits Competition.
- Awards for Legs Diamond Rye Whiskey: Gold Medal at The Fifty Best, Good Food Awards Winner 2017, Wine Enthusiast Top 100 Spirits in 2016. Legs Diamond Bourbon was a 2019 Good Foods Award Winner
- Mahia Sold at Morocco Pavilion at Epcot Center at Disney World.
- Mahia sells for $36.99 to $46.99 per bottle.